Friar Justin Belitz was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. He entered the Franciscan Order in 1954 and was ordained a priest in 1961. He holds the following degrees:
- – BA (Philosophy) – Quincy College, Quincy, IL
- – STB (Theology) – Antonianum, Rome, Italy
- – MA (Music Education) – Case-Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- – Certification in Secondary Administration – Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
- – Doctoral Certificate (Psychorientology) – SMCI, Laredo, TX
- – Honorary Doctorate – American Institute of Psychical Research, Thousand Oaks, CA
Fr. Justin taught in Cleveland, OH at Padua High School for 13 years and was on the Administrative Team at Trinity High School for 2 years. During a year of sabbatical (1978-79), he studied Psychic and Mystical Phenomenon at St Bonaventure University in Olean, N.Y. and Scripture at Terra Santa Seminary in Jerusalem. During that year also, he spend 4 months at the Friary of San Damiano in Assisi, Italy where he completed a manuscript of meditative reflections.
Fr. Justin completed another year of sabbatical 2000-2001 at the Antonianum in Rome, Italy to update his knowledge of spirituality and meditation. He has lectured extensively throughout the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, and Australia.
Fr. Justin is Founding Director of The Franciscan Hermitage, Inc., a spiritual center dedicated to personal growth and development. He is attached to Sacred Heart Friary in Indianapolis, IN.
Fr, Justin Belitz teachings combine spirituality, science, and art.